Monday, June 11, 2012

Common courtesy

I realize that we all grow up differently. Some with parents, some without.  Some go to church, some don't.  Some grow up in rural areas, some in the heart of the big city.  Some have money, some barely get by.

We are a diverse nation of race, religion, color, ethnic background and values.  Each of us are just a small drop of water in an endless sea of struggling to pay bills, make a living and trying to etch out some vacation time.

But do you have the faintest idea of right and wrong? Don't you for a moment consider the other guy? Is it really all about you?

I admit most of my life is about me and my desires. I don't sit around and listen to music I don't enjoy or use shampoo that I hate the smell of just in the name of "personal growth".

I do however occasionally allow a car in front of me during a traffic jam, hold the door open for the person behind me and quite often say the words thank you.

It seems to me that there is less of that going on every day....

1 comment:

  1. wow you guys must be busy..... any updates?

    ReplyDelete