Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Amazing planet....

In the last couple of days we've seen the ocean, been through an array of mountain scenery, and now today we arrive in the desert. The Mojave  Desert holds its own beauty, though it doesn't do much for me personally. It's a little hard for me to understand what someone would find appealing about living in the desert. The picture is the Mojave River.....see what I mean? We did pass  a place advertising boat repair which gave us a chuckle, but that wasn't the strangest thing we saw. In the desert is a military base, one of many I am sure, but exactly what would they need with a half dozen massive ship anchors? Do the folks in the desert know something we don't know....or maybe they're just hopeful? Either way weird stuff goes on out here!

All I know is I'll take my Great Lakes, green grass and mosquitoes any day!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment