Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Something to share

Dennis read this to me this morning so I thought I would share. This is from preacherrich on expeditersonline.com....."so I pulled into Portland Oregon on Friday afternoon to deliver my load, parked the cargo van at the TA and noticed there were quite a few people living in their vehicles there. I didn't get a load and on Sunday evening and I got approached by the guy living in his van next to me. He said, "hey, are you hungry? Need some food?" I told him I was all set and he was on his way. That was so cool to me, a guy that doesn't even have a home (this guy does work but comes back to the TA to sleep) would give what he has to help someone out. Me and that dude, both live in our vans doing the best that we can. No so different really. How many people do we pass every day that $5 for a meal would brighten their day?"

I would like to be more like that man.....

No comments:

Post a Comment